- We Serve primarily children referred by the foster care & juvenile justice systems, private parties, counseling networks, churches & schools
- Ages 6 through 17 for basic care services
- Ages 18 through 22 for Independent Living
- Our Community is at the heart of Girls’ Haven. From the beginning a product of this community, through our nearly 25 years: you have poured in your time, heart, gifts and funds
- Our Funding comes primarily through community donations and grants: 2018 FISCAL YEAR: Only 33% of our funding came from the state
- Your Gifts Allow Us to Fight For Our Kids, giving them much more than food and shelter.
Our Success shows itself over time:
In The Short Term as our kids realize their own worth and the value of others, they become leaders in their areas of areas of influence and a blessing to the world around them.
In The Long Term as they form their own families and carry the values and truths they learned at Girls’ Haven into adulthood, creating generational change.
- We Are Grateful as we look to the future knowing we can continue to trust you, our community, to include us in your story.
- 32-bed non-secure basic care general residential operation
- Programs & services licensed by the Texas Department of Family & Protective Services
- Homelike environment with only 1 girl per bedroom (unless sisters or close friends)
- Length of stay varies; 30 days to several years
- On-site licensed professional counseling; weekly individual & group therapy
Trauma informed care; Trust Based Relational Intervention (TBRI)©
On-site facilities for recreational activities; gym, playground, courtyard, soccer field & racquetball court
On-site cafeteria for food services
On-site charter school for grades Pre-K – 8th
- 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization designated by the IRS